Hardened Protection and Security for Fuel Storage
ConVault UL 2085/UL 752 Fuel Storage Systems
The Safest AST Made
ConVault has never compromised on safely. That is why ConVault fuel tanks have been designed to surpass UL 2085 standards performance tests to meet today’s challenges for protecting life, property, and the environment. The ConVault tank provides protected secondary containment with seamless six-inch concrete vault design offering maximum protection against natural disasters, vehicle and projectile impact.
Advanced Ballistics Protection
ConVault Meets DoD Guidelines for Resistance to a Direct Fire Weapon “HIGH LEVEL” Threat
ConVault is the only fuel storage system to carry the UL 752 Security Listing (Levels 5, 6 and 8) for ballistic resistance. ConVault has also passed the ratings requirements for armor piercing munitions specified by a number of organizations where protection and safety are a vital concern:
- National Institute of Justice (NIJ) Level 4
- State Dept. (SD-STD-.02.01) Revision G
- ASTM F-1233
- Underwriter’s Laboratory Security Listing UL 752 (Level 9)
High Explosive Blast Resistance
A Blast Effects Analysis (BEA) designed to determine the inherent blast resistance of the ConVault design indicated that the tank withstood different threat scenarios based on FEMA guidelines to Mitigate Potential Terrorist Attacks.
The BEA investigated three explosions with high limit pressures:
- Suitcase bomb (50 pound HE-TNT centered 5 feet from the tank)
- Car bomb (500 pound HE-TNT centered 20 feet from the tank)
- Vapor cloud explosion
The Utmost in Compliance
- Carries UL 2085 Insulated/Secondary for Aboveground Storage Tanks (AST)/Protected (the highest rating available for ASTs).
- Meets the latest NFPA and IFC requirements for fuel storage
- Certified by CARB for Phase I and II balanced vapor recovery, including methanol/ ethanol; EPA secondary containment requirements 40 CFR 112.7(c)
Designed for Value
- Low maintenance concrete exterior virtually eliminates costly problems associated with rusting steel exteriors
- Exterior steel fittings are powder coated to inhibit rusting
- Factory installed dispensing equipment and accessories minimizes on site expenses
- Leak monitoring and spill containment are independently tested at the factory before shipment.
Core Engineered Solutions features the industry leading ConVault AST as a key component of its integrated fueling systems. The historical performance of ConVault ASTs in use—over 32,000 global installations—is the cornerstone of its reputation. They are approved by virtually every fire and environmental authority in the US and Canada, and are installed in more than 50 countries. ConVault ASTs are currently in service at over sixty Fortune 100 companies, local, state, and federal government installations and around the world at embassies and DOD facilities.
The ConVault Advantage
ConVault tank capacities range from 125 to 12,000 gallons. Systems are shipped complete with many accessories which minimize setup and additional on-site expenses.
ConVault above ground tanks are self-contained and portable. This allows for tank relocation or resale as your business requirements change.
A national leasing program offers flexible and attractive lease-to-own options for both commercial and government users. No other tanks can match ConVault UL2085 double walled fuel tanks for safety and longevity.
Additional ConVault information:
- ConVault Brochure >>
- ConVault Sizes & Dimensions >>
- ConVault AST Specifications >>
- How to Maintain your ConVault